The perfect lightweight solution for drainage and electrical pits is glass reinforced concrete pits (GRC), because of their weight ratio and increased strength to ease use on-site. Glass-reinforcement concrete is a popular choice for various applications. One of the most necessary factors in the construction industry is the use of concrete. Concrete is a strong and durable material that can be used in different applications. Strength is the property that should be considered when selecting glass-reinforced concrete pits for a project.
Glass-reinforced concrete is a new concreting product that provides more flexibility to your designs. While still being as powerful as traditional concrete.
Understand what glass-reinforced concrete is
Glass-reinforced concrete is a type of concrete that comprises alkali-resistant fiberglass in place of traditional steel mesh or rebar. This makes the concrete lighter and more eco-friendly, without overlooking its strength. GRC provides you with more adaptability with your designs. It has various benefits that can make projects to be more excellent. Glass-reinforced concrete pits are more long-lasting and repair a structure on an ongoing basis to reduce the costs of construction. When looking for the appropriate type of concrete for a project, it is important to consider the properties of the concrete. And also the environment wherein it will be used.
Check out the great benefits of choosing glass-reinforced concrete pits
Strength and Durability
- The need for new and innovative construction materials also develops as the world advances. Glass-reinforced concrete is a material that has been gaining popularity in current years. GRC is made by combining cement, water, sand, and glass fibers. This makes it perfect for use in construction projects where a great level of security is required.
- Versatility has been a deciding factor in the accomplishment of glass-reinforced concrete has been used more currently as a cladding and roofing material. The material’s versatility and weather resistance as the primary choice for new construction and renovation projects.
- Because glass-reinforced concrete is lighter compared to traditional concrete, it cost lesser to deliver, and upright glass-reinforced concrete, installation is faster as well.
- Green construction is the process of designing and constructing a building or any other structure in an environmental way. Key features of green construction include natural lighting, recyclable materials, and efficiency in heating and cooling systems.
Strong and Lightweight
- Glass-reinforced concrete has a similar strength to common concrete while being up to 80% lighter. This makes it easier to handle and affordable to transport.
The lightweight GRC panels provide an amazing deal of flexibility in design, making them well-known among designers and architects. It can be used for renovations or new buildings in both landscaping and architectural projects. It can be used for combinations with other products for limitless possibilities.